Jul 7, 2010

It's A...

haha, made you look. Ok, that's the last time I will "cry wolf" because we actually get to find out the gender of this sweet little bambino TOMORROW! Woohoo! Here is one excited Mama. This baby better not be shy... one day I am sure I will say "don't sit like that, close your legs", but tomorrow, well, hopefully baby hasn't learned any manners yet!

This weekend was, as Darla from the Little Rascals might say, the Fourf of July. It has always been one of my favorite holidays because it is so low pressure, and you get to blow things up. We learned this year that pregnant women should not have access to fire and explosives, but that's another story all together. Needless to say, I think I might owe our friend, Sam, a new shirt, haha.

Anyway, here is a photo of me on the fourth of July at 19 weeks pregnant. It's hard to tell from here, but those of you moms who know, do you think I am carrying high or low? It is a question in my baby book, and I honestly do not know how to answer it!

And just in case you couldn't see through my rotund pregnant self, here is a photo of our awesome new "retro" glider that we purchased this weekend to further complete our awesome outdoor space.

You can also see the awesome cactus conglomeration that Drew got for me (half price) this weekend. I love it! So interesting looking, and so low maintenance. I just have to remember to bring it in when it's supposed to rain so I don't end up killing it like I did the aloe plant I bought, and I have nearly killed the hen and chicks that Grandma Dodd gave us (Diane, don't tell her, haha). My grandfather is a Master Gardener - certified and everything. I wish that talent hadn't skipped my generation in the gene pool. I have absolutely NO talent for keeping plants alive whatsoever. But don't worry, I can keep animals alive, so this baby has a chance!

I have really not been feeling well this week at all. Sunday night my right arm started hurting incredibly badly. My fingers were swollen and it felt like every joint in my arm was stiff and in a ton of pain. I could barely grasp anything, much less lift anything. Of course with it being July 4th weekend, my doc was out of town, and the on call doc took THREE HOURS to get back to me! When he called back, he told me to take a Tylenol and go to bed. Gee, thanks for the advice... So, I suffered through all day Monday, and when I woke up on Tuesday, it was feeling a little better. I called the nurse at my doc's office and talked to her about it, and she said if it didn't feel better today to call back and she would get me in to see the on call doc... no thanks. But luckily, I am feeling much better today. Just tired and a little achy.

So, there is my cue to end this post and go lay down on the couch and watch tv. Why is it that days when you are waiting for something good always go by SO slowly?? I can't wait for tomorrow at 4:15!

No comments :