Ah, foaming hand soap. I love this stuff. But not as much as my potty-training two and a half year old daughter. Since she started potty practicing, we have gone through 2 bottles of foaming hand soap in the bathroom. I have 2 problems with this: 1. It's expensive! and 2. What you put on your skin goes in your body. Have you looked at the ingredients in your soap lately? Wouldn't you rather know exactly what you are slathering all over your hands? I know I would :)
So, here is an awesome recipe for a Do It Yourself Foaming hand soap using Young Living Essential Oils.
What you will need:
- A foaming hand soap dispenser. You can reuse one that you already have or you can purchase a new one.
- Liquid Castile Soap (I used Dr. Bronners)
- Vegetable Glycerine or Vitamin E oil
- Young Living Essential Oils
Here's how you do it:
1. Add 2-3 Tablespoons of Liquid Castile Soap to your soap dispenser.
2. Add 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerine or a few drops of vitamin E oil. This step is not necessary, but I believe you will find the soap drying without this ingredient.
3. Add 5-6 drops of Thieves oil or any oil combo of your choice. More on this in a second.
4. Slowly fill your container with water. Be sure to leave enough room for the large pump (ie: don't do what I did the first time and fill it to the top and then have a huge puddle on your kitchen counter)
5. Gently shake to combine all ingredients.
Why I chose Thieves:
Thieves Essential Oil has been highly tested for it's cleansing abilities. All this, plus it smells awesome!
Wonderful Smelling Options:
Lemon and Lavender
Lemon and Peppermint
Peppermint and Lavender
Happy Hand Washing!
Want to know how to purchase your own oils? Check out my informational page here!